Introducing the Maggie Moo Fund for Tripawd Rehab
The Tripawds Foundation will reimburse those who meet all the requirements outlined below for visiting a certified rehab practitioner for an initial consultation with their Tripawds. Have you scheduled your appointment yet? Read about Maggie here.
One year a after the Tripawds Foundation became an official 501c3 charity! And today, we are thrilled to announce an exciting new program, because everyone in this generous community—including YOU!—has helped us exceed our fundraising goals for this first year…
The Tripawds Foundation is pleased to announce our first Direct Assistance Program one whole year ahead of schedule!
The Tripawds Rehab Reimbursement Program
Maintaining fitness and conditioning is critical to keep three-legged animals in top shape, no matter what their age or health condition. If you’ve reviewed the Tripawds Downloads or Tripawds Gear blogs, you know there are many Tripawd fitness exercises you can do at home.
But there’s nothing like the guidance of a trained, certified animal rehabilitation specialist to ensure you’re on the right track to great health. Even one consultation and evaluation can make a huge difference in your Tripawd’s life.
So starting today, the Tripawds Foundation is granting up to $200 in reimbursement to Tripawds members who visit a certified animal rehabilitation therapist for a first time evaluation.
How to Apply for the Tripawds Rehab Reimbursement Program
This offer is open to members of the Tripawds community who:
- Visit a certified Certified Rehab Practitioner* for an initial evaluation. See below for information about finding one near you.
- Submit the receipt to us via email within 30 days of the visit, for reimbursement only of the total amount of the first consultation (up to $200). Any cost of medications, supplements, x-rays/scans, conditioning equipment and/or follow-up appointments are not reimbursable.
- Provide a 300-500 word written report for publication by Tripawds, along with at least two photos. Essay should detail the experience of visiting a certified rehabilitation therapist, and any exercises performed in the clinic or at home. This must be completed within 30 days of their initial consultation.
Your essay must include the following: Please paint a vivid picture of your experience for readers. Within the framework of your essay, answer these questions:
- What is your Tripawd’s age and breed type.
- Why is your Tripawd an amputee?
- Did you adopt your animal as a Tripawd? If so, when did you adopt?
- Describe in detail the exercises you were given by the rehab team and how often you’re supposed to do them?
- Why were you given those specific exercises? How do they benefit your Tripawd?
- What one thing did you learn most from this experience?
All of the above must be submitted in one email to Tripawds in order to qualify for reimbursement. Only applicants submitting all documentation will be reimbursed. Receipt must be submitted in the form of a legible unaltered photo, scan or PDF with clinic name and services rendered clearly indicated.
The Tripawds Foundation will reimburse applicants via Paypal or bank-issued check within 30 days of meeting these conditions. Please provide Paypal account email address or mailing address with your application.
*Veterinarians with the designations of CCRT, CCRP, CERP, and VMRT have received certification in veterinary rehabilitation training. Diplomates of the American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation also have received board certification in sports medicine and rehabilitation. Tripawds members seeking rehab services for cats are encouraged to apply. Since there is no current certification program for feline rehab, please consult with a qualified practitioner. Many CCRT/CCRP offices also offer services for cats. Approval of qualifying practitioners without rehab certification is at the discretion of the Tripawds Foundation.
What This Program Does Not Cover:
The purpose of this program is to encourage new Tripawds members to seek professional guidance for developing an exercise and therapy program to keep their amputee pets fit and strong. Only first consultations with a certified practitioner will be reimbursed. Veterinary services such as wellness exams, acupuncture, chiropractic, or hydrotherapy will not be directly reimbursed; unless prescribed and performed during your initial rehab consultation.
Reimbursement Application Requirements Checklist:
- Registered Tripawds username, or email address used to register.
- Receipt from clinic for first consultation with certified rehab tech(s).
- 350± word essay about your experience, with 2-5 photos.
- Submit all documentation within 30 days of rehab appointment.
- Email to Tripawds Foundation with Subject: “Rehab Reimbursement Application”
- Include Paypal account email address for reimbursement* (if check is preferred, provide mailing address and allow up to two weeks for delivery).
*Payment is only available via Paypal for recipients residing outside the United States.